food

The harmful effects of household cleaners on children and unborn babies

Many people often clean their homes like crazy because they want to make sure their homes are clean for their kids. Unfortunately, most people are unaware of the harmful toxins found in many household cleaners. Many moms and dads use bleach to clean items they bought at flea markets and even to clean walls or bathrooms. Why shouldn’t they? I mean, the bottles don’t say how toxic it is! All manufacturing cares about is making parents believe the product is great for killing germs so as parents we buy them. They do not alert users to the toxins contained in these cleaning products. Most parents clean baby’s crib, toys and floors with cleaning products that leave behind more toxins than the toxins they clean because the companies are NOT legally required to warn the consumer!

Here are some great facts about common household cleaning products found in many homes around the world today! Formaldehyde, phenol, benzene and toluene are found in common household cleaners and have all been implicated as carcinogenic and immunotoxic. Children are very vulnerable to chemical toxins. Pound for pound of body weight, children drink more water, eat more food, and breathe more air than adults. It follows that children are exposed to significantly higher levels of exposure to existing toxins than adults.

Most children at a young age spend much of the day putting things in their mouths. Toddlers, especially, seem to put anything and everything in their mouths that they can get their hands on. In 1998, scientists at Rutgers University discovered that pesticides sprayed inside a home evaporate from floors and carpets, then recondense on plastic and foam items like pillows and stuffed animals. By observing how frequently a group of preschool children put clean toys in their mouths, the researchers calculated that contaminated toys are likely to inflict much higher doses of poison on young children than adults would receive in the same environment.

Babies don’t excrete toxins or store them in fat like adults do, making the toxins more available to affect fast-growing bodies. Also, because a baby’s immune system is not fully functional, a baby’s body is not as good at counteracting toxic effects as an adult. In an adult, a blood-brain barrier isolates the brain from many of the potentially harmful chemicals that circulate throughout the body. But in a human child, this barrier is not fully developed until six months after birth.

A pregnant woman can also pass the toxins from common cleaning products to her unborn child! Many pollutants such as dioxins and PCBs have an affinity for adipose tissue. During pregnancy, do women mobilize their accumulated body fat stores to feed their growing babies? The impurities in the fat are then passed on to their children. Breastfeeding mothers also pass a good chunk of their lifetime accumulation of chemicals onto their babies.

Children exposed in utero are most at risk. Since cell structures change so rapidly during embryonic and fetal growth, toxic exposure at the wrong moment can profoundly change subsequent development. according to dr Landrigan’s central nervous system is particularly vulnerable. In order to function properly, the developing brain must build an intricate network of interconnected neurons. Small doses of neurotoxins during critical periods of brain development can alter these crucial neural pathways—one mistake in the early stages and the brain can be subtly or seriously altered forever. Government and university scientists are currently investigating the possibility of a link between fetal exposure to toxins and developmental disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

As a parent, you should be worried about this! Cleaning your home with toxic products literally destroys your children’s bodies and contributes to the changes of cancer and other life-threatening health problems.

Even if you had no idea about this concern until you read this article, now is the time to take action! You can start by using only non-toxic cleaning products! Get rid of products that are not environmentally friendly. When a product is eco-friendly, it means you can safely have it in your home! If it’s safe to have in your home, it’s safe to use without worrying about the harmful effects!

Visit [http://www.safewellnessproducts.com/] today and check out the entire selection of all natural, eco-friendly home care products. All cleaning products are non-toxic, natural, concentrated, contain no phosphates and are biodegradable! This means you can safely have them in your home. Concentrated cleaning products last longer than store bought products, saving you money and ridding your home of toxins!

About the author

Amine